Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Happy Birthday, Laura!!



Okay, yes, it's been awhile since I've posted. Sorry about that. I have been stamping; I've even taken photos of my cards, just not taking time to edit and share. Then yesterday a sweet girlfriend said she missed my posts, and I realized I missed posting.


This birthday card for my girlfriend, Laura, has very little stamping, but showcases my latest obsession love - dies. The window box, ivy and flowers use Memory Box dies. The window was created with a square punch and a rectangular piece of card stock. (My Madison Window die is on its way, he he.) The bird die is from My Favorite Things, and the butterfly is a Martha Stewart punch. The sentiment is from PTI. I'm rethinking the cloud....it seemed like a good idea, but seeing the photo, I wish I could snatch it off. Oh well. Laura seemed to really like it.


This card was fun to create. I've gotten so comfortable with the clean and simple style, it's nice to change things up a bit. Hope you enjoy it too.


Thanks for stopping by. Please don't give up on me....


Hugs,
Colleen







5 comments:

  1. Alright! You're posting again! Woo-hoo!
    Such a beautiful card...you gave the Madison window a run for its money, gf! Fab job! I KNOW Laura LOVED it!
    Hugs,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so cute. I have the window and box die but haven't even tried them yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous card. I love how you've used the dies. This has so much wonderful detail in it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so good to see you back Colleen. This is a gorgeous card. I have the Madison window and I'm really impressed that you made your own with punches!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - this is so gorgeous! Makes me want to go out and get all these dies/punches. Thanks for stopping by my blog and for your lovely comments - I really appreciate them :-))

    {{hugs}} and smiles :-))
    Jocelyn
    Instead o Ironing Blogspot

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment . . . it feeds my mojo!