Friday, January 28, 2011

OLW37 Revisited

Since there were still scraps on my desk from a previous OLW,   I decided to see what other cards I could come up with. For the challenge card submissions, the backgrounds were stamped in white, the sentiments in red and then both clear embossed. For the first card, I decided to punch up the background a bit by stamping it in white and then embossing with white embossing powder. Then, no longer restricted by the challenge parameters, clear embossed the sentiment and Iayered it on the background piece. Velveteen hearts from Stampendous, ribbon and a red mat were added to both cards and the matted piece popped up on a kraft base. For the second card, I felt an additional white edge was needed, so matted everything on a white card base. As you can see, I'm still learning how to edit photos in Picasa. Suprisingly, the pictures taken inside look better than those taken on the patio table outside. Or is that just my lack of expertise with the tuning tools? Naw . . .

Thank you for stopping by today.

Hugs,
Colleen

1 comment:

  1. Love both of your cards! Really like that kraft, white and red combo....so striking!

    If it is any consolation, whenever I take any pics outdoors, they never turn out. Mine are always taken indoors with an ott lamp...they're not the best, but they're certainly better than outdoors!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment . . . it feeds my mojo!