Wednesday, May 29, 2013

OLW142 Happy Birthday Ardyth!



It's been ages since I participated in a challenge, much less TWO challenges in the same day! Yay me!  (My submission for the Avery Elle May Challenge is below.) I only recently discovered Ardyth's blog through Pinterest and love her CAS style and use of bright colors. A true kindred spirit. So to make a birthday card imitating her style for OLW142 was right up my alley. 

I stamped a candle from a PTI set and a sentiment from Wplus9. Then I matched the Hero inks I used for the candles to Copic pen colors to fill in parts of the sentiment.  It really changed the look of the card. Much more festive now. A little added bling on the candles and flames completed the look. I really like the way it came together and think I'll make a couple more of these in different colors.

Thanks for stopping by.

Hugs,
Colleen

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE this Colleen - simple shapes, bright colours (love the coloured in letters!) And I always think that the hallmark of good design is that you can use it again and again, as you've suggested here. Thank you so much for playing along with OLW and for coming to my surprise birthday party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You were on a roll......Another fab Colleen card! Love it!
    Hugs,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment . . . it feeds my mojo!