Thursday, January 10, 2008

Happy Brrrthday!




Edited to add: This post is older than the one below. I tried to delete one of the pictures and failed, so having to re-post . . . but this one will have the better photo. Still gloomy and overcast, so not a great day for pictures if you need daylight.


It is so good to be stamping again and back to a normal routine . . . whatever that is. I bought this Savvy stamp with the intent of packaging marshmallows for "Snowman Soup" and thought this little guy looked like he was made from marshmallows, so a perfect choice, right? Well, I'm sure you know how this story goes . . . I never got the "soup" made but like the stamp and need birthday cards. I love this sentiment from Amuse for winter birthdays, and there's always next year for "Snowman Soup".


Both cards use Memory Box cards in Vanilla Bean and designer paper from American Crafts. Gosh, I wish AC made the scaled down versions of their papers like Basic Grey . . . but I digress. I used Copic Spicas in clear and black to add sparkle to the snowman and his hat is raised on pop dots. The shading is done using a tip from Debbie Olson to add light blue refill ink to a blender pen. Much easier than the watercolor brush method, though I still need more practice. The second card is my failed attempt to participate in SCS SC158. I just couldn't make it work for me, and this is the result.


Thanks for stopping by my blog. I didn't make a resolution to be a better blogger or I'd be doomed to fail, so I'll just say "thank you" and see you soon. Hugs all!

1 comment:

  1. Terrific cards! Love those snowmen! And, yes, when will ALL the paper companies make their patterns smaller for card makers!?!?!?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment . . . it feeds my mojo!