Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Hokies Lamp











My step-daughter and her husband both graduated from Virginia Tech and are HUGE fans, so I made this lamp as one of their Christmas presents. VT's school colors are orange and magenta . . . not a color combo I would choose, but so be it . . . I used a glass block from a local craft store that had been drilled, added orange and clear lights and chipboard letters covered with card stock from my stash, probably Bazzill. I could not find enough of one type ribbon in the magenta, so I improvised and made two bows and stacked them. I forgot to save some magenta ribbon when making the bows, so ended up tying them together with orange ribbon and I think I like it better that way! I wrapped the wide magenta ribbon around the block and added the narrow orange ribbon on top of it. This was really a fairly simple project. I hope they like it.
Well, I guess it's about time to start on my Christmas cards. Nothing like waiting until the last minute, huh?

Thanks for stopping by today.

Hugs,
Colleen




1 comment:

  1. Your block turned out great! I am sure they will love it, being what HUGE fans they are!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment . . . it feeds my mojo!