Wednesday, September 1, 2010

OLW18 I Caved


For me, it seems like Christmas '09 was not that long ago. And while the stores eagerly anticipate the coming holiday season and begin merchandising earlier and earlier, I am in denial. I hasten pass the shelves in stores brimming with glitz and color, quickly skip over blog posts reminding me that I should begin making cards now to avoid the inevitable rush to come, and refuse to be lured into purchasing even one sheet of Christmas paper or adding another stamp to my already bulging stash. Yet, when Susan offered up her latest challenge - to use a tree - my first thought was a Christmas tree . . . sigh. It's a conspiracy I tell ya!
This tree image is from Northwoods, and I used the crayon resist technique with Forest Moss Distress ink applied with a sponge. The sentiment is from Hero Arts, one of a set of three, as I recall. The crayon ended up a bit shiny, so I added some Rock Candy Stickles for a bit of snowy sparkle. I'm very pleased with the result and can now return to my blissful state of denial. It was 90+ degrees here today for goodness sakes.

Thanks for stopping by.

Respectfully submitted,
Colleen

15 comments:

  1. I'm glad you caved. This is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Northwoods stamps are so realistic. I love this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ya know, this is a very pretty Christmas card, just beautiful! Don't be such a scrooge! It's unbecoming of you! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! I love the soft glow around the tree...so soft and pretty. The touch of "snow" is awesome!!(OMGoodness! I first typed snot instead of snow! ROFL!!! so glad I saw that before I posted!) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. it's gorgeous, it really pops of the page

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have created a very pretty tree; the crayon resist made perfect snow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so with you over the whole hurry to Christmas thing!!! However your tree is amazing!!! love the softness you've created around it too. Let's me and you see how long we can hold out with the Christmas cards!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just beautiful!
    I love it!
    Chrissie

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful card! Check out mine when you get a chance (I just posted it on my blog.)

    ReplyDelete
  10. The crayon resist and stickles yielded a FABULOUS card! I'm so glad you caved, but please don't blame me...I just said to use a tree!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi there, love, love love, your card, simple and so appealing, I'm rather glad you caved too. :D xx

    Note to self 'Must remember the resist technique'

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely card!
    Sharon D. from Canada

    ReplyDelete
  13. A very beautiful christmasey card, love the snow on the branches ....

    ReplyDelete
  14. Crayon resist looks gorgeous on that tree!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment . . . it feeds my mojo!