Sunday, March 9, 2008

Spring Has Sprung!




At least in my cards . . . I cased the idea for this card from stampin' gal val here. With a foot of snow on the ground outside, the only signs of spring are in my stamp room. This has been a cold, dreary winter, and I'm ready for sunshine and flowers.
The first card uses Cornish Heritage Farm's Polka Dot Background inked with SU's Whisper White craft ink, Papertrey Ink's leaf from Beautiful Blooms, the square "stitched" frame from Borders and Corners Squares and a felt flower also from PTI. The brad is from Lasting Impressions. I cut and embossed both images with my Spellbinders Nestabilities square and matted them on black. The 5/8ths inch gingham ribbon is from May Arts. The sentiment on both cards is from SU!.
For the second card, I used SU Rose Red dp for my background and a Cuttlebug flower in Pumpkin Pie and Rose Red card stock. I need to get the Fusion Flowers from SU! with my next order so I'll have the pink and orange flowers next time. I'm loving the texture and dimension of the felt on my cards.
Thank you for stopping by today. Have a great Sunday!



Edited to add: Having a problem with Blogger today. The "first" card I refer to is actually second today courtesy of Blogger . . .

1 comment:

  1. Cute, cute cards! So spring, what with the weather you've been having lately! Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment . . . it feeds my mojo!