Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Sympathy Card



I've had this SU "Sanded" background stamp for awhile and cannot remember why I haven't used it. I {heart} this stamp and love the way it looks on this card! There is (at least) one mistake I seem to make regularly when creating a card . . . . I color the image and then try to match it to patterned paper instead of the other way around. In this case, I was forced to create my own background paper and couldn't be more pleased with the result. I started with SU! Groovy Guava and stamped the background with the same. Then I wadded up a plastic bag and textured some chocolate chip (SU!) and green tea (versacolor) inks around and on the card stock for more interest. What do you think?

Now, can you guess how I colored the flower image? . . . . Chalks! Yup, I had to knock the dust off these babies, but last weekend at the convention in Mesa, Yvonne Albritton was demonstrating a new product and I had to try it. She used a Chalk Blender that she developed (not like Dove Blender because her formula has very little alcohol.) and applicators that are so smooth and nice to use that I've already ordered more. These are NOT your everyday makeup applicators. (BTW, no affiliation whatsoever with this company, just sharing my discovery.) The chalk blender really makes the color pop and I'm not sure if it's the blending solution or the applicators, but it goes on incredibly smooth. So, once again, I'm loving my chalks!

Be sure to stop by tomorrow. I have a new "got-to-have-it tool" that I think you'll like.

Thank you for taking time to stop by my blog today.

Hugs.

1 comment:

  1. YGG! Very pretty card! Your coloring is to die for! Just fabulous! And what gorgeous bg paper...it really tones down that groovy guava...makes me actually like that color!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment . . . it feeds my mojo!