Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Thanks, Thanks and more Thanks





When I find a color scheme and format that works for me, I tend to make several cards each evolving a little as I "improve" on the previous one. I won't show you the ones on Stampin' UP! Close to Cocoa card stock . . . first plain, then with a paisley background. They were ok, but the Stampin' UP! Basic Gray is absolutely the better card stock choice for the base with the other colors. And so the process begins (clockwise from the far left in the group photo) . . . first the plain background (partially hidden on the left), then the paisley background . . . now change the sentiment . . . . nope, I think I prefer the other one . . . let's turn it sideways this time and tie the ribbon around the first layer . . . now I'm going to need a birthday card . . . and while I have all this paper out, I'll probably make another birthday card and dress it up a little more, maybe add some paper piercing.
Now for the details . . . My inspiration for the colors came from the roll of American Crafts ribbon that I used on every card. The Paisley Background is from SU and the sentiments are SU, Verve (the second one) and Hero Arts for the "Fabulous" birthday. The Card stock is SU Basic Gray, Cameo Coral, Old Olive and WorldWin Colormates Medium Autumn Red. The flower is from Spellbinders, the ribbon slide from SU. The sentiments are stamped on SU Whisper White.
Thank you so much for finding your way to my little corner of the blogiverse today.
Hugs,


1 comment:

  1. Great set of cards! They would make a great gift set! Who needs to know they evolved??? You "planned" it all that way!!
    Love that ribbon and those colors! Knockout combo!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment . . . it feeds my mojo!